February 1, 2010

6 Keys to Breaking the Poverty Mindset

It’s all in the mind, they say – and on some level, they’re absolutely correct. Habits formed in your mind have kept you from financial success in life – so […]

It’s all in the mind, they say – and on some level, they’re absolutely correct. Habits formed in your mind have kept you from financial success in life – so make this your time to start developing a healthy foundation for financial prosperity!

Do you have a poverty mindset? Take a look at these 6 quick tips from Dani Johnson to help you identify what a poverty mindset looks like – and how to break it once and for all!

1. Your Environment Is Everything
Dani grew up on welfare with parents who ran out of money continuously – then used what money they did have for drugs. There was abuse, no peace, no security. Growing up in that environment absolutely shapes one’s mind about money and life. There was no budgeting to help make their money last; they would blow it all on junk food, alcohol and drugs – then act like victims until the next check arrived. Change your environment – change your financial future.

2. Don’t Speak The Language Of Poverty
How many hours do we spend in school learning financial wisdom? Zero! So where do you learn your financial habits? From other adults, mainly your parents. If your parents spent foolishly, their actions taught you to spend foolishly. If your parents spent wisely, you would gravitate towards wisdom in finances. Dani grew up with the language of poverty that sounds like “we can’t afford it,” or “we don’t have the money” or “that’s for rich people, not us.” All those statements are victimized, poverty statements. Change your language, and you change your financial future.

3. Eliminate Unhealthy Financial Traditions

Unhealthy traditions pass from one generation to the next. If you are serious about breaking yours, you can succeed. How?

• Make a decision: Do you like where you are financially? Are you tired of the pressure of debt? If so, decide today to do whatever it takes to achieve financial independence.
  • Learn some new skills to replace the poor skills you learned from those around you.
  • Repetition is the mother of skill. Through repetition you learned poor financial skills; through repetition you will learn great financial skills. Beware who you learn from. You should learn from someone who has a lot of money – not just someone who looks the part. Most people are far from reaching their goal of financial independence.

Change your traditions, and you change your financial future.

4. Understand The Power Of Repetition
We learned how to walk, talk and eat by watching those around us. Everything we know how to do, we learned – or were at least were influenced by those around us. Have you ever said, “I will never be like…” or swore to do things differently from your parents, only to find yourself saying and doing those exact things? History repeats itself! Decisions made without establishing new skills will lead to failure of the decisions becoming a reality. Change your habits, and you change your financial future.

5. A Solid Financial Foundation Starts Early
Your children are always listening and watching, whether you realize it or not. Groom them for success instead of unintentionally grooming them for failure. Their success will come from you. Grooming the Next Generation for Success will help you teach kids to succeed now and in the future. When they learn while young, success becomes a part of their very fiber instead of hoping they will succeed they will be groomed to succeed!
Help someone else succeed, and you change your financial future.

6. Take Action!
If you’ve gotten this far, know that you have been chosen to prevent those negative traditions from passing through you. Solomon, the richest man who ever lived, said: “A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.” Don’t be stupid! If thousands of Dani’s clients can follow her teachings and experience financial success, so can you. Don’t let this be another article you read and put away. Take action today. Start learning the difference between wise and foolish spending. Learn how to create assets instead of liabilities.

Dani Johnson will help you in 3 Key Skill Areas concerning money:

1. How to make it (most know how to do this) – see Unlimited Success for more help in this area.
  2. How to keep it (very few today know how to do that) – see War On Debt for more help in this area.
  3. How to make it your slave instead of you being a slave to it (even fewer know how to do that) – see First Steps To Success for more help in this area.

Money is looking for a place to go. If you don’t direct it toward something wise – not another pair of black shoes or more toys and tools – money gets sucked up into thin air. Poof! Now is the time to step up to the plate, leave bad financial failures and habits behind and hit the home run for our kids’ futures.

Take action right now, and you change your financial future – forever.

Dani Johnson was the featured guest millionaire on ABC’s second season premiere of “Secret Millionaire,” and has recently made guest appearances on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” “The View” and “Good Morning America.” And Dani knows what she speaks of: Raised on welfare, pregnant at 17 and homeless at 21, Dani became a millionaire at 23 – and knows what it is to start from the bottom, overcome adversity and rise to the top. So set aside a little time, and plug into her teachings – they’re a prime opportunity for you and your team to learn how to duplicate her success in your life.

First Steps to Success
First Steps to Success

Join the conversation

1. Tracey Johnson February 1, 2010

Dear Dani

Thanks for your emails I love receiving them also I have purchased War on debt which is great. Would you be able to send me some items for the charity I support so I can run a raffle i.e some good books or something other. My son Brandon is 5 and has Downs Syndrome and we support the Bedfordshire Downs Syndrome Support Group. Many thanks

• Jane Strauch February 1, 2010

Please Email me about some very encouraging news about Downs Syndrome!

• Walter Stodghill February 1, 2010

Jane,

Did you get the help you were looking for? I have encouraging news for you.

Walter Stodghill
        480-807-0008

• Linda February 3, 2010

Check out GiGi’s Playhouse. They are a support center for Down Syndrome kids. They are popping up everywhere because of their success and popularity. Have a blessed day.

• Wilma June 15, 2011

My daughter is a NICU nurse & has a Downs baby… I am sure the
        parents would love to hear some encouraging news on the
        subject. I will pass it along to my daughter.

Wilma

2. Tatyana February 1, 2010

I love what you said “We value what parents value”
    I grew up in the family where money was either abundant or very little. Growing up in Russia in 80s and early 90s was challenging due to economy. Nobody was educating even our parents about how to manage money. Money was big tabu word and it was spent very fast because of fear of losing value.

These habits came later in my life and I had to learn about money and not fear of money.

I agree we must change language…Speak with gratitude and abundance attitude.
    I will be sending to my subscribers today!

Tatyana

3. Janet Hannah February 1, 2010

You are so right! My 6 yr old asked me this morning if my boss ever paid me! I said, yes every 2 wks and he said, then why don’t you have any money!! I then proceeded to list the things that my paycheck goes to, but the point is he’s learning that mom doesn’t have any money even though I work everyday (rather than be with him). How sad.

Thanks for your words of wisdom!!

• Andrea February 9, 2010

Janet,
      I can really relate. I find myself in the same boat as you and my boys are 18, 11 and 10 and I want so much more for them then what I have. I want more for me too. I’m glad you posted.

4. vilma chaplin February 1, 2010

Thank you Deni for your e-mails… it’s very helpful…
    question:
    1 – Haw we change our enviroment????
    love,
    vilma

5. Cathy February 1, 2010

THANK YOU!!! I NEEDED this reminder. Breaking the poverty mindset is a battle that I MUST win.

Thank you, Dani, for all that you do.

6. Bonnie February 1, 2010

The trouble I have is that most people I interview seem to be braindead….they don’t understand English when I speak to them…this is a genuine concern
    Oh well…
    Thanks for this article Dani and team though.
    God bless

• Robin June 29, 2012

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAH BONNIE , YOU’RE FUNNY!!! Most people you interview are BRAINDEAD!!! HAHHAHAHAHA….(My Laugh is Very Infectious If You Heard It). What do you mean specifically? Cool Bonnie….

7. Jameel February 1, 2010

Hey thank-you for this e-mail,when i recieved it i was just
    sitting at my desk thinking & writting down a list of dumb things i did in 09 that heald me back from working my business,& vowed not to repeat.
    reading your six keys opned up that much more to think about
    thank’s guy’s…it’s funny as if you “saw” me there trying to
    think of something eles to write..wow!!
    Hey thank’s again & GOD BLESS

8. Josephine February 1, 2010

Thank you very much for sending regular reminders and emails. Thank you Dani for sharing your experiences and knowledge. My kids are grown up, I wish I had the opportunity to read Grooming the Next Generation to Success when they were growing up. Although, they are responsible kids, I feel I could have done a better job raising them. I used to work 7 days a week while raising them at the same time. God is really good. He will give us time to recover lost time. Network Marketing is really the answer to have time and freedom to enjoy life. Praise God for Dani Johnson website. God bless you all, your family and employees.

9. Esther Hargrave February 1, 2010

I’ve read this two times and will probably read it again. It’s good meat I need to chew on.
    I’m looking forward to attending First Steps to Success in Jacksonville, Fl March 13-14.
    Thank you very much for allowing God to use you to help so many people.

God Bless You!

10. Marge February 1, 2010

Thank you, Dani, for your insight. I know that God would love for us to be out of debt so that we could help further His Kingdom. I have wanted to be debt-free for years and was almost there until I married again.

Any words of wisdom on how to handle a financial situation where one spouse thinks being out of debt is best and the other thinks that credit cards, and lots of them, are the way to go? We don’t tithe even though hubby says we “should” but he won’t handle the bills. I see some improvement but it’s more of a two steps forward, one step back situation.

Thank you!

11. Jennifer February 1, 2010

I like this newsletter. We definitely pass on our habits to our kids. I have a little 7 month old and I still think they start learning from this age, he pick up things very well. This year is my goal to watch my environment and the things I do because that definitely affect your money. I always liked your information you have, it has helped me a lot!!

12. Edna Mendiola February 1, 2010

Thanks for your email. Much as I wanted to attend the seminars you offered, couldn’t do so as finances is my biggest challenge. Maybe if I will have the chance to work in America. God bless your ministry….

13. uberVU - social comments February 1, 2010

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by JanaBrennan: RT @tweetmeme 6 Keys To Break Off A Poverty Mindset http://bit.ly/a4qZiO

14. Bryan M February 2, 2010

AMAZING content as ALWAYS, keep it coming, and for sure what you teach is always simple, keep it coming Dani & Hans

15. Sonia Kalia-Sagoo February 2, 2010

I can’t wait for your event in London!!!!

16. Joanne February 2, 2010

Like Dani, I have my very own testimony. What we think has everything to do with who we are & where we are. We must pay attention to life, our life. Check our my website & help with the immediate national crisis.
    God bless you all…www.outfoxthefox.org

17. NVV February 2, 2010

Yeah this is so true Dani everybody needs to have their minds set free from the bondage of poverty and think of their future in becoming financially independent, to have more so we could give more..

18. Carol Gore February 2, 2010

I appreciate the practical tips found in this article.
    Dani gave 6 principles, which can be applied irregardless of one’s background, education, ethnicity, or religion.

19. Sue Vittner February 2, 2010

It’s always wonderful and encouraging hearing your story with money and how you’ve changed your life.

Thanks for the inspiration!

20. Ruby February 2, 2010

I loved this article and could relate to it. I grew up in a household where the words, can’t afford it, robbed Peter to pay Paul and I wished I had enough money. Since then, I have learned through the Word of God, that there is power in the words we speak and will help create an environment of lack and insufficency. Also mismanagement of money sets up one for failure as well. Thanks you for this article!

21. Nanette February 3, 2010

I’m always thankful when I find I have managed to change in some points…will keep working on it and great to have a push to motivation and stock-taking again.
    Thanks to you, Dani and your team for all your efforts to get us on our feet.
    Nanette

22. john February 3, 2010

Refreshing advice to focus our minds.It is easy to get stuck in a mindset and to be blinkered about issues.

23. Paul February 3, 2010

Very interesting! I like how this article weeds the lazy ones out by forcing the reader to read other items for specific answers. On my team, I want no one but individuals who are willing to work. Everything else can be taught or given to you. But, if you refuse to work, there is blessed little I or any of my leaders can do to help you.

24. Jerome Ratliff February 3, 2010

Great article, I can certainly relate to it.

I decided a long time ago to teach my children that anything is possible.

Thanks for doing what you do.

Jerome Ratliff

25. Thatha February 5, 2010

Thanks Dani for showing us that there are other ways of looking at and dealing with different situations.

May God Bless you

Thatha

26. Culham February 7, 2010

Great reading for Everyone. Thanks for sharing.

27. Culham February 7, 2010

Great reading for Everyone! Thanks for sharing.

28. Andrea February 9, 2010

Thank you Dani. Your words are always inspirational to me. I have learned alot from everything I read that you send. You remind me that ” I Can”

29. Mary Lou February 11, 2010

Thank you. This is great, practical information. Easy to understand and use.

30. Ruth February 19, 2010

Thank you Dani! Very enlightening and informative. Definitely something that is a must to share with everyone.
    The first point on our environment shaping our mindset spoke to me as one of eleven children. I don’t ever remember feeling poor, but I do recall that we were constantly very
    careful not to be wasteful. I suppose that could probably work either way, positively or negatively, in forming a
    child’s mindset, depending on their personality. I sometimes feel like I am ‘too careful’. Ruth

31. Glynda Myers February 22, 2010

Six Quick Tips.

I thought these tips were very inspiring and i am taking action starting immediately.
    Very well stated, Thanks so much for all of the tips and keys concerning money keeping skills and releasing to help someone else.

32. Eileen Catte March 10, 2010

I received miracles from God by meditating on His word and standing on His Word refusing every thought contrary to His Word. God bless you all!

33. Catherine Hughes June 8, 2010

Very interresting artical. It has made me stop and think about how I have started out my adult life and that of my children. I had oppertunities that I let slip through my fingers and now regret.
    Catherine

34. Linda June 26, 2011

Well, my parents are millionaires, but I have lived in poverty all my life! And it is taking a big toll on me right now – I want so badly to succeed but I also need to make some money while trying to make my dream work – so, while I spend all day online making a few hundred dollars MONTH it is not allowing me to do what I so desire or to pay my bills.

I think it is a mindset which I am so trying to ignore, but I seem to fall right back into that rut and getting sued over and over again for credit card debts which I have nothing to give them. I just wish I had all the time in the world to do what I WANT, but I am a single mom, got a house to run, a garden and yard to tend to and a life to live and most times I have no life because I have other responsibilities and no help whatsoever from the deadbeat father or anyone else!

So, with that being said – yup I have fallen right into that rut and trying HARD to get out!

Will be checking out your links as soon as I get done with this reply.

Linda

35. Eamon October 7, 2011

The biggest challenge is keeping a positive mind set when you are bombarded with negative media every day. The effect that the media is having on peoples thinking is only short of economic
    suicide.

36. My First Post | Deidra Jules November 30, 2011

[…] topic.Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginTweet6 Keys to Breaking the Poverty Mindset Posted on February 1, 2010 by Hans […]

37. […] Keys to Breaking the Poverty Mindset | Dani Johnson Posted on July 30, 2012 by realloreal 6 Keys to Breaking the Poverty Mindset | Dani Johnson. Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like […]

38. […] on February 1, 2010 by Hans […]