November 7, 2013
6 Tips To Find Your Happiness NOW
Have you ever wondered where you could find that magical formula for happiness? It’s got to be a fantasy, right? Because everyone knows that “happily ever after” really doesn’t exist. […]
Have you ever wondered where you could find that magical formula for happiness? It’s got to be a fantasy, right? Because everyone knows that “happily ever after” really doesn’t exist. Or does it?
Believe it or not, but I’m here to tell that 98% of the population doesn’t realize that “happily ever after” really IS achievable at any time!
What most of these people encounter on their quest to achieve that elusive state of happiness is a mind-set that their happiness hinges on just ONE thing. Like, “If only I found my soul mate, I’d be happy forever.” And after they find their spouse, it then changes to, “If only I had my dream career, I’d really find happiness.”
So, they spend their whole lives looking for the next “thing” guaranteed to make them happy. And in the process, they miss all those things in their life every day, along their path, right in front of them, that could be the true source of their joy and contentment!
In today’s world, happiness is more of a far-off goal — the ultimate destination — and you are expected to accept your journey to really be about just “settling” for something less. “Happy” acts as the carrot right in front of your nose, but remains juuuust out of reach.
Is “good enough” just downright depressing?
If this constant daily struggle has driven you to the brink (or over) of depression, exhaustion brought on by failure or locked in your own shame spiral, this might be the most important message you have ever read. Most doctors will prescribe a pill that numbs you out and dumbs you down. But today, how about you try a different remedy? Isn’t it time to find a cure and stop settling for just another mental placebo!
According to the US National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health, a revision is being proposed to expand the conditions included within the psychiatric disorder classifications. Another form of depression? Possibly something brought on by all this new technology? Guess again… it’s happiness! Ummmm, what the heck?! In this proposal to classify “happiness” as a psychiatric disorder, the author states that happiness is “statistically abnormal.”
The truth is there are people out there who just don’t want you to be happy. In fact, a majority of people in high places would prefer you to stay stuck in your rut, dumbed out, numbed out and just barely getting by. Why? Because then they can sell you solutions to all your “problems.”
I’m declaring today, enough is enough! I’m here to tell you that happiness is not determined by your circumstances. It’s determined by YOU. If you’ve been around the Dani Johnson community or interacted with all of our amazing clients on Facebook, you see the proof! We have countless stories of people who have restored relationships, paid off debt, become financially independent and brought harmony into their family. These are the true causes for happiness, celebration and positive attitudes!
There’s nothing wrong with being happy, or wanting to better your life. And you can start right now by taking these steps to increase your happiness:
- Choose to be happy: Recognize that it is a choice. You can choose to let little things get you down, tie your happiness to the decisions and actions of others, or you can decide to let it go! Choose positivity, choose life, choose happiness.
- Cultivate a culture of gratitude: Do you have an amazing spouse or beautiful, uniquely-gifted, children? Relish this and celebrate daily in the awesome of your life! What do you have that others say they would love to swap places with you for?
- Don’t hold grudges: Choose to forgive, even if others have not asked for forgiveness or apologized. You don’t need to hang on to their stuff and that hurt will do nothing to better your life or help you achieve happiness.
- Feed yourself positive things: What you feed will flourish, what you neglect will die. If you are feeding and focusing on the positive things in your life, you will see growth in that area. If all you focus on is the bad, negative things, you might notice major growth in THAT area of your life.
- Surround yourself with positive people: Birds of a feather flock together. If your family, friends and community are focusing on the good in life, instead of being “Debby Downers” who always linger on the bad, you will see a drastic change in your life. Have you ever heard the term, misery loves company? DON’T BE ITS COMPANY!
- Do something meaningful: When your life, your career or actions have a higher purpose, it makes you feel more accomplished. Whether it’s spending time with your loved ones, spending time working for a good cause or spending time on something of great importance to you.
Today I want you to embrace happiness. Choose to stop living in misery, because it never got anyone, anywhere. Unhappiness keeps you stuck in debt, focused on material things, and basically just dependent, overworked, overstressed and miserable!
Declare your own independence today and spread the good word: BE HAPPY! Together, we can beat the odds and make happiness the statistical norm. Tell me below what makes YOU happy and encourage everyone you know to choose happiness by sharing this post. And, please be sure to “Like” and share today’s message… because “liking” is all about happiness, right?!
Don’t forget to join us this Sunday night for The Dani Johnson Show at 9 pm ET/ 8 pm CT. Grab your pen and notebook and meet us then for more tips, strategies and skill sets to achieve the life you’ve only dreamed of.
In great faith,
P.S. Like what you read here? Just hit the “LIKE” button at the top of the page! That will help your Facebook friends find this content!