September 23, 2013
Fall Into Some Cash This Autumn
I don’t know about you, but it’s beginning to look and feel a lot more like fall around here! The Texas heat is finally starting to fade, and the cool […]
I don’t know about you, but it’s beginning to look and feel a lot more like fall around here! The Texas heat is finally starting to fade, and the cool air is settling in. (Thank God!)
Whether you are already experiencing a full-blown autumn, or you are easing into it like we are here in Texas, I want to give you a few tips to save you money and help you prepare for a successful season!
- Learn to cut your kids’ hair. Along with "back-to-school season" comes haircuts for all the kids. But time keeps ticking away and the kids’ hair keeps growing, and before you know it, it’s time for yet another haircut! Whether you have 1 child or 6, all those haircuts can add up fast. Save money by learning how to cut your kids’ hair yourself.
It’s like finding WADS of cash in the couch cushions!
Saving money is easy. In fact, you likely have wads of cash hiding around your house right now. Learn how to find it and what to do with it today! Don’t miss your chance to find free money in your home!
- Help your kids start a lawn care business: They can invest in a rake and trash bags, create flyers and go door-to-door to promote their new business to the neighbors. This will not only allow them to make some money this fall, but they will also learn how to promote and run a business, how to maintain a client base, how to work with excellence, and how to manage their money. It’s also a great way for your kids to get some fresh air and exercise!
- Host a "Swap Party" for your friends, family and neighbors: Have each person (adults and kids) go through their closets and collect everything that no longer fits or they no longer wear. This is a free and easy way to declutter your closet and get a fresh wardrobe for fall, all while enjoying the company of your friends and family.
- Make your own "fancy coffee": Instead of dropping $5+ on your favorite fall flavors, learn how to make them at home for a fraction of the cost. Just do a quick search online and you will find all kinds of copy-cat recipes, so you can make your favorite over-priced specialty coffee at home for pennies on the dollar.
- Don’t touch that thermostat! As the weather begins to cool down in the coming weeks, don’t turn the heat on! Set the thermostat on 68, and if you are cold, put on a sweater or put another blanket on the bed. Take it a step further by weatherproofing your home. By simply caulking the cracks and gaps and making sure your windows are properly covered, you will save a lot of money all winter long.
My friend, if you just follow these 5 simple tips, there is no limit to how much money you can stash away this fall. While most other people are dropping handfuls of cash on their pumpkin spice lattes and brand new fall wardrobes, you and your family will be save money, pay off debt and make investments.
Get your friends, family and community on board with these money-saving tips by sharing The Daily Fix today. Post this link on your Facebook and Twitter today, and forward this email.
Be sure to join me for more tips on your finances, business and relationships on our Spiritual Equipping Broadcast this Wednesday night!
In great faith,
P.S. Like what you read here? Just hit the "like" button at the top of the page! That will help your Facebook friends find this content!