Good morning! What are your summer plans for 2014? According to USA Today, nearly half of Americans plan to travel. The average traveler spends $1,415 per person on vacation. For a family of 4 that’s $5,660!
You’re probably looking at that number and thinking, “No way!” And indeed a big price-tag is what drives people to set aside their dreams to travel or put it off again with the attitude of “next year, maybe I can afford it.”
Everybody has a dream to go somewhere. Whether it’s to visit the sparkling beaches and crystal blue waters of Bora Bora, to explore the rainforests of South America or maybe to hike on a frozen glacier in New Zealand.
A no-excuse guide to paying off debt and achieving financial independence
It isn’t about winning the lottery and it isn’t about making more money. Historically people who make more money, have more debt! If you want to obtain wealth, financial independence and live a stress-free, debt-free life you need a plan to get yourself out of the comfortable rut you’ve snuggled into. Choose stability, freedom and fun
Today, I want to help you get there without breaking your bank! Most people look at their dreams and look at their income and decide to shrink their dreams to fit within that financial circle. Instead, you should be looking for ways to increase that income circle to fit all those dreams you have!
When you were young, what was your outrageous “dream” vacation? I want you to think of that and ask yourself why you haven’t gone yet! Have you used the excuses of “I don’t have time” or “I don’t really need an expensive vacation, I’d rather just visit family in Wisconsin” or “If an average vacation costs more than $5K, then what is my dream vacation going to cost? There’s no way I can afford that!”
If traveling or taking your dream vacation is one of your big life goals, you should absolutely have a vacation fund! Start putting money away now, do it every month and map out how long it will take you to reach your goal.
Use these budgeting tips to reach your big travel goal:
- Do your research, find the best time to go, the best things to do and the most cost-efficient way to do it. Planning ahead gives you a dollar goal.
- Make sure to set a budget for dining out, souvenirs, extras and emergencies, this ensures minimum stress and maximum fun!
- Once you have that goal and that fund open, keep it in the forefront. Post a picture of the place on your bulletin board, make it the wallpaper on your phone or keep it in your wallet next to your money. When you go to buy something, you are confronted with that goal and you can ask yourself, “Do I really want to spend this money here or would it be better spent on this lifetime goal?”
- Do not go into debt for it. Debt is a trap that keeps you in bondage and stressed out. A vacation is supposed to be stress-free. If you are loading up your credit card while you’re “escaping,” that takes away from your experience.
- Make a budget and stick to it! Set aside that certain dollar amount you can stow away every month to reach your goal. Try to eliminate things like eating out, sugary drinks you don’t need, another pair of shoes!
- What extra income could you be working on to help fuel your dreams? If you have shrunk you dreams, you are settling for comfort. How can you start increasing that income circle starting now?
If you want to fulfill your dreams, you have to stop living your life via your excuses. Be a part of the 2% of the population who are finding ways to increase their income, to decrease their debt and to live the life within their dream circle. If you want more tips on how to save, pay off debt or strive for that great vacation for next year, I’ve got the guide already written for you! Take advantage of it.
Share with me one place you’d love to visit! Or, if you are one of those from our community who just experienced their dream vacation, share your adventures in the comments! And don’t forget to Like and Share today’s message.
I can’t wait to meet up and chat later today at 12 pm ET/11 am CT on The Dani Johnson Show. You can find the show on both your TV and radio and please remember you can always stream today’s show right on our website. Let’s get together and expand your vision and dreams!
In great faith,
P.S. Like what you read here? Just hit the “like” button at the top of the page! That will help your Facebook friends find this message!