Main Menu


Shopping Cart


Your Journey To Freedom Starts Here

Get The Map

Do You Have A Tax Refund PLAN…Or Just A Plan To SPLURGE?!

"Time" magazine reports 3/4 of Americans, after filing their taxes, will receive refunds averaging $3000...and while this may seem like a huge relief for some people, for others it just looks like an epic shopping spree!

You may have a tax refund check coming your way soon, or perhaps you’ve already received it! So, let’s take a few minutes today to equip you with a PLAN for that money… because, in reality, if you don’t have a plan for your money, it will end up in all the wrong places!

What is a tax refund? I know it may sound silly, but I really want you to think about it. What is it?

A tax refund is just that – a refund of your own hard-earned money, not a random gift or stroke of good luck. It didn’t just come out of nowhere… and it’s NOT extra money. It’s money you worked HARD to earn.

According to Time magazine, 3 out of 4 Americans receive refunds, averaging around $3,000 each, after filing their taxes. And while this may seem like a huge relief for some people, for others it just looks like a free shopping spree. But today, let’s look at what it really is.

See, we (and I’m not just talking about Americans, here) live in a total “microwave” society today, where we do what we want, when we want, just because we can… without a thought for our financial future. And where has that gotten us? We’ve traded our financial freedom for more stuff, more debt and more bondage!

We fall into the “more-more-more” trap, until we find ourselves buried alive in debt. So many people face constant financial strain and yet, we’re more concerned about our stuff, than we are about our long-term financial future!

I know right now you’re saying, “Okay Dani, so what does THIS have to do with my tax refund?”

One rule has proven to be true over and over again, and it is true here. Find out what everyone else is doing and do the exact opposite. You may have heard me say this before: 98% of the population will end up dead or dead broke by the age of 65, dependent on their friends, family or the federal government as their main source of income. On the other hand, 2% are doing well financially.

So what can you do to cross over from the 98% to the 2% this tax season? Here are a few ideas:

  1. Keep your goals in mind. When you get a large, unexpected (or expected) chunk of change in your hand, it can be easy to lose sight of the financial goals you set for yourself. Whether you have a goal to pay off $10,000 of debt, give $10,000 away to orphans or invest $10,000 this year, do not lose sight of that goal!
  2. Resist temptation. There are all kinds of sales and advertisements, and even articles from so-called “financial experts” giving tons of ideas on how to spend your tax refund this year. They try to sell you everything from new clothes to a new grill, video games, or even, a down payment on a new car. I’m telling you, don’t go there!
  3. Invest. So instead of spending your tax refund foolishly, choose to put that money aside for investing! This way you have a chance to make your money work for you without the fear of losing big.

Here’s what I know about you. YOU are not called to be one of those “98%” people. You were designed for wealth and freedom. How do I know? Because you’re here right now, reading this. Because you have a desire to succeed financially. You have a desire to see your children, your friends, and your community live debt-free, totally financially independent lives.

I would love to know what you think about today’s message. Are you getting – or already gotten – a tax refund this year? What do you plan to do with it? I can’t wait to read your comments!

And don’t forget to join us today for The Dani Johnson Show, to gain more insights for your everyday life. You can find the show on your TV and radio or your TV and radio or stream today’s show, right here on our website.

Looking to connect even MORE? Then please subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with new messages just for you, posted daily!

In great faith

In great faith,

P.S. Like what you read here? Just hit the “Like,” “Share” and “Tweet” buttons at the top of the page! Don’t forget to leave your comments below.

Your Journey To Freedom Starts Here

Get The Map

Related posts

Your Journey To Freedom Starts Here

Get The Map