I came across an article several months ago that really interested me. According to the Wall Street Journal, a LOT of people would much rather struggle to pay off a large credit card bill later, than to admit they simply should not buy whatever is tempting them. In fact, the author of this article wrote, “Feelings of shame or embarrassment are just some of the reasons folks just won’t say no to spending.”

So very sad and unfortunate. Think about it… people are so afraid of what other people will think of them, if they DON’T buy something – or even afraid to admit it to themselves – they will actually pull out a credit card and charge that unwise, impulse purchase! They choose instant gratification, along with long-term debt, long-term shame and stress, instead of choosing wise financial decisions now and eliminating the stress and shame debt brings. That is a big fat ego, if I ever saw one!

Here’s the bottom line… our society is full of pressure to spend more money, regardless of your financial needs or limitations. The pressure to spend more money leads to more debt, which leads to more stress, more anxiety and even more financial problems. You see the cycle here?

It’s time to BREAK that cycle!

We have been sold an illusion of happiness that involves having the best stuff or the most stuff. This illusion requires us to keep up with the Jones’ and buy, buy, buy, more, more, more. But that’s not real happiness… it’s total bondage!

I want to give you a quick background on two different kinds of people today. I’ll call them 98%-ers and 2%-ers. See, 98% of the population is dead or dead broke by the age of 65, dependent on their friends, family or the federal government, as their main source of income. On the other hand, 2% of the population, is doing well financially.

What’s that got to do with you? It has EVERYTHING to do with you! It has everything to do with your finances, your family and your future.

Because the reality is, you were not called to be part of that 98%. You, my friend, were called to be different: To be financially independent… to groom your family for financial success… to rise above what society tells you is normal or acceptable… all to create generational wealth.

You actually have a unique opportunity to cross the line from 98% of the masses, who have the “Oh, poor me. I can’t afford it. My parents were poor, so I’m always going to be poor” mentality, to the 2% side, with a total wealth mindset.

Maybe right now you feel like you work harder, and you may even make more money, but you just keep going further into debt. How did you get there? How did you end up feeling so trapped by your debt? You once had dreams – big dreams – for your life and your family. But now those dreams have almost disappeared – because you’ve become a slave to debt!

You were not designed for poverty; you were not designed for debt or bondage! You were designed with success and wealth in mind. But you have a choice to make.

You have to weigh your ego against your bank account. You have to decide what is more important to you – getting those new shoes, that flashy computer or a McMansion? Or finally saying goodbye to debt and financial struggles? Which matters more to you? Keeping up with the Joneses or creating real success, true generational wealth, for your family?

And here’s the cold, hard truth… if you cannot make the choice, if you don’t believe enough in yourself to make the choice for your own financial freedom, at least make the choice for your children – your true legacy.

Don’t pass down your debt to your children, who will pass it down to their children. Instead, do what you were DESIGNED to do, choose to pass down wealth! Choose to give them the gift of wisdom, the wisdom to accumulate wealth and understand how money works and the freedom it brings.

It’s time to learn how to become completely free from debt and develop generational wealth. Give powerful purpose to money – one that will leave a legacy for generations to come – and I know you will go far.

Now, could you help me out with something? All around you, are people who really need to read today’s message… people in total financial bondage who need the truth you received today. So I’m wondering if you could just pass this along to them? Go ahead and share this post on social media. It’s time to break the cycle of financial bondage, and together, we can do it! And don’t forget to let me know how YOU’RE “breaking the cycle” below!

Then, join me today for The Dani Johnson Show, when we discuss more tips and strategies designed to help you achieve ALL your goals! You can tune in on your TV and radio or you can always stream today’s show right here on our website.

In great faith,

P.S. Like what you read here? Just hit the “LIKE” button at the top of the page! That will help your Facebook friends find this message!

Join the conversation